textbook /tekstbuk/ n. 教科书;课本
conversation /knvsen/, n. 交谈;谈话
aloud /laud/ adv. 大声地;出声地
pronunciation /prnnsieIn/ n. 发音;读音
sentence /sentns/ n. 句子
patient /peint/ adj. 有耐心的 n. 病人
expression /ikspren/ n. 表达(方式);表示
discover /dIskv (r)/ v. 发现;发觉
secret /si:krt/ n. 秘密;adj. 秘密的;
fall in love with 爱上;与相爱
grammar /grm (r)/ n. 语法
repeat /ripi:t/ v. 重复;重做
note /nut/ n. 笔记;记录 v. 注意;指出
pal /pl/ n. 朋友;伙伴
pattern /ptn/, /ptn/ n. 模式;方式
physics /fiziks/ n. 物理;物理学
chemistry /kemistri/ n. 化学
partner /pa:(r)tn (r)/ n. 搭档;同伴
pronounce /prnauns/ v. 发音
increase /Inkri:s/ v. 增加;增长
speed /spi:d/ n. 速度 v.加速
ability /bilti/ n. 能力;才能
brain /brein/ n. 大脑
active /ktiv/ adj. 活跃的;积极的
attention /tenn/ n. 注意;关注
pay attention to 注意;关注
connect /knekt/ v. (使)连接;与有联系
connect … with 把和连接或联系起来
overnight /uv (r)nait/adv. 一夜之间;在夜间
review /rivju:/ v. & n. 回顾;复习
knowledge /nlid/, n. 知识;学问
wisely /waizli/ adv. 明智地;聪明地
Annie /ni/ 安妮(女名)
Alexander Graham Bell 格雷厄姆 贝尔
1. have conversation with sb. 同某人谈话
2. too…to… 太……而不能
3. the secret to… ……的秘诀
4. be afraid of doing sth./ be afraid to do sth. 害怕做某事
5. look up 查阅
6. repeat out loud 大声跟读
7. make mistakes in 在……方面犯错误
8. connect ……with… 把……和……连接/联系起来
9. get bored 感到厌烦
10. be stressed out 焦虑不安的
11. pay attention to 注意;关注
12. depend on 取决于;依靠
13. the ability to do sth.. 做某事的能力
1. by + doing 通过……方式(by是介词，后面要跟动名词，也就是动词的ing形式)
2. talk about 谈论，议论，讨论
The students often talk about movie after class. 学生们常常在课后讨论电影。
talk to sb= talk with sb 与某人说话
①What/ how about +doing sth.? 做…怎么样?(about后面要用动词的ing形式，这一点考试考的比较多)
如：What/ How about going shopping?
②Why don't you + do sth.? 你为什么不做…?
如：Why don't you go shopping?
③Why not + do sth. ? 为什么不做…?
如：Why not go shopping?
④Let's + do sth. 让我们做…...吧。
如：Let's go shopping
⑤Shall we/I + do sth.? 我们/我...…好吗?
如：Shall we/I go shopping?
4. a lot 许多，常用于句末。
如：I eat a lot. 我吃了许多。
5. too…to... 太…...而不能
常用的句型：too+形容词/副词+ to do sth.
如：I'm too tired to say anything. 我太累了，什么都不想说。
6. aloud, loud与loudly的用法，三个词都与“大声”或“响亮”有关。
②loud可作形容词或副词。用作副词时，常与speak, talk, laugh等动词连用，多用于比较级，须放在动词之后。
如：She told us to speak a little louder. 她让我们说大声一点。
如：He does not talk loudly or laugh loudly in public. 他不当众大声谈笑。
7. not…at all 一点也不，根本不
如：I like milk very much, but I don't like coffee at all. 我非常喜欢牛奶，但是我一点也不喜欢咖啡。
not经常可以和助动词结合在一起，at all 则放在句尾。
8. be/get excited about sth. 对…...感到兴奋
9. ① end up doing sth 终止做某事，结束做某事
如：The party ended up singing. 晚会以唱歌而结束。
② end up with sth. 以…结束(注意介词with)
如：The party ended up with her singing. 晚会以她的歌唱而告终。
10. first of all 首先(这个短语可用在棋牌 中，使得文章有层次)
11. also 也、而且(用于肯定句)常在句子的中间
too 也 (用于肯定句)常在句末 (它们三个的区分要清楚，尤其要知道用在什么句子中以及各自的位置)
12. make mistakes 犯错
如：I often make mistakes. 我经常犯错。
make a mistake 犯一个错误
如：I have made a mistake. 我已经犯了一个错误。
13. laugh at sb. 笑话;取笑(某人)(常见短语)
如：Don't laugh at me! 不要取笑我!
14. take notes 做笔记，做记录
15. enjoy doing sth . 喜欢做…，乐意做…(这是一个非常重要的考点) 如：She enjoys playing football. 她喜欢踢足球。
enjoy oneself 过得愉快
如：He enjoyed himself. 他过得愉快。
16. native speaker 说本族语的人
17. make up 组成、构成
18. one of +(the+ 形容词最高级)+名词复数形式 : …其中之一(这一题主要考两点，一是最高级，一是名词复数，大家做题的时候要小心)
如：She is one of the most popular teachers. 她是最受欢迎的教师之一。
19. It's +形容词+(for sb. ) to do sth (对于某人来说)做某事…
如：It's difficult (for me ) to study English. 对于我来说学习英语太难了。
句中的it 是形式主语，真正的主语是to study English。
20. practice doing 练习做某事 (practice后面接动名词，这一点有可能考到)
如：She often practice speaking English. 她经常练习说英语。
21. decide to do sth.决定做某事(重要考点，大家需要记住decide后面跟的是不定式，也就是to do)
如：LiLei has decided to go to BeiJing . 李雷已经决定去北京。
22. unless 如果不，除非，引导条件状语从句
如：You will fail unless you work hard. 假如你不努力你就会失败。
23. deal with 处理 如：I dealt with a lot of problem.
24. worry about sb./ sth. 担心某人/某事
如：Mother worried about his son just now. 妈妈刚才担心他的儿子。
25. be angry with sb. 对某人生气
26. perhaps = maybe 也许
27. go by (时间) 过去 . 如：Two years went by. 两年过去了。
28. see sb / sth doing 看见某人正在做某事(如果是看到正在做什么，要用动词ing形式，考的较多的也是动词ing形式)
如：She saw him drawing a picture in the classroom. 她看见他正在教室里画画。
29. each other 彼此30. regard… as … ;把…...看作为...…
如：The boys regarded Anna as a fool. 这些男孩把安娜看成傻瓜。
31. too many 许多，修饰可数名词 如：too many girls
too much 许多，修饰不可数名词 如：too much milk(要区分too many 和 too much只要记住它们修饰什么词就可以了)
much too 太，修饰形容词 如：much too beautiful(too much和much too意思不同，大家不要混淆它们的意思，这种单词容易出解析题)
33. with the help of sb. = with one's help 在某人的帮助下(注意介词of和with，容易出题)
如：with the help of LiLei = with LiLei's help 在李雷的帮助下
34. compare…to… 把…比作...(另外，大家要注意另一个短语，compare...with...，这也是一个重要的短语，意思是：拿…和…比较)
35. instead 代替 用在句末，副词
instead of sth/doing sth 代替，而不是 (这个地方考的较多的就是instead of doing sth，也是就说如果of后面跟动词，要用动名词形式，也就是动词的ing形式)
如：I will go instead of you. 我将代替你去。
( )1. —How do you learn English? — I learn English by_____________.
A. listen to tapes B. speak it C. listening to tapes D. ask the teacher
( )2. If you have questions, you should ask the teacher ______________help.
A. from B. on C. for D. to
( )3. He speaks too quickly______________.
A. understand B. write them down
C. to understand D. to write down them
( )4. As time _________, we know each other better.
A. goes by B. passes by C. went on D. going by
( )5. Tony thinks it is easy____________ English.
A. study B. learns C. to learn D. studies
( )6. Every year thousands of foreign students come to London to_______ their English.
A. improve B. enjoy C. help D. teach
( )7. —Why did you quarrel(争吵) with your mum?
— She was always___ a little kid.
A. regarding me as B. thinking me as
C. treating me like D. thinking of me like
( )8. When I spoke English, people there always laughed __________me.
A. at B. in C. over D. from
( )9. — I don’t know how to deal with these old books.
—_________ giving them to the children from poor families?
A. What about B. Why don’t you C. Shall we D. Why not
( )10. When he heard a cry for help, he ran out as as he could.
A. hardly B. quickly C. finally D. slowly
( )11. — What do you think of________ dictionary on the desk?
— It’s very useful, I think.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
( )12. — How is your English study?
— Not bad. But I_____ learning English grammar.
A. am interested in B. am good at C. have a little trouble D. have no trouble
( )13. My sister is afraid ________ out at night, because she is afraid ______dark.
A. of going, to B. to go, of C. going, of D. to go, to
( )14. If you don’t know how to read new words, ______ a dictionary.
A. look up them in B. look them for from
C.look them up in D. look for them from
( )15. I don’t like bread. I won’t eat it_________ I am very hungry.
A. while B. when C. as D. unless
Students in many countries are learning English. Some of these students are small children. Others are teenagers. Many are adults. Some learn at school, others by themselves. 1 _______ One must work hard to learn another language.
Why do all these people want to learn English?2____________ Many boys and girls learn English at school because it is one of their subjects required(要求) for study. They study their own language, maths and English.3____________ Many people learn English for their higher studies, because at college or university some of their books are in English.4_________
There are about fifteen hundred languages in the world. English is one of the most important.5____________It is difficult to say how many people are learning English.
A. People in England, the USA and many other countries use it.
B. A few learn English by listening to it over the radio, on TV, or in films.
C. Some people learn it because it is useful for their work.
D. Other people learn English because they want to read newspapers, magazines in English.
E. It is difficult to answer this question.
1. __________ 2. ____________ 3. _____________ 4. ______________ 5. _______________
A: You look unhappy, Rose. 1______________________________________
B: Well, I can hardly pass the English exam every time. I really don’t know what to do.
A: Don’t worry. Let me help you. 2______________________________________
B: I learn English by reading English before the exam, but not every day.
A: You’d better read English every day. 4______________________________________
Learning with a group is a good way to improve your English.
B: No, I haven’t studied with a group, I just learn by myself. I’ll try that way. Thank you for giving me such good advice.
1. This problem isn’t difficult, I can work it out ____________(easy).
2. She often makes mistakes in ___________________(pronounce).
3. They all think my ____________(speak) English is very good.
4. This thing is_____________(important) , you can finish it tomorrow.
5. The boy is creative. He does everything_____________ (different).
6. He finds watching English movies ___________(frustrate) because the people speak too quickly.
7. Can you give me some specific______________(suggest) ?
A. last, B. affected, C. learning, D. said, E. lost, F. playing,
G. goes, H. disagreements, I. us J. unfair L. different K. nothing
Most of us have probably been angry with our friends, parents or teachers. Perhaps they 1________ something you didn't like, or you felt 2________. Sometimes, people can stay angry for years about a small problem. Time 3________, and good friendships may be 4________.
When we are angry, however, we are usually the ones 5________. Perhaps we have seen young children 6________ together. Sometimes they have 7________, and decide not to talk to each other. However, this usually doesn’t 8_______ for long. This is an important lesson for 9________: we can solve a problem by 10_________ to forget.
1. ____________ 2. ____________ 3. ____________ 4. ____________ 5. ____________
6. ____________ 7. ____________ 8. ____________ 9. ____________ 10. ___________
1. We will solve problems by_____________( regard) them as challenges.
2. Why don’t you join us to practice____________(swim) in the pool?
3. I think_____________(listen) to tapes is the best way to learn more English.
4. We get excited about something and then end up ________________(speak) in Chinese.
5. Let’s______________ (not worry) about our problems.
6. It is our duty____________(try) our best____________(deal) with each challenge in our education with the help our teachers.
7. It’s not a problem—it’s a challenge . Enjoy__________(face) it.
The best way of learning a language is using it. The best way of learning English is talking in English as much as possible. Sometimes you’ll get your words mixed up and people will not understand you. Sometimes people will say things too quickly and you can’t understand them. But if you keep your sense of humor (幽默感), you can always have a good laugh at the mistakes you make. Don’t be unhappy if people seem to be laughing at your mistakes. It’s better for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you, because they don’t understand what you are saying. The most important thing for learning English is, “Don’t be afraid of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes.”
1. What is the best way for you to learn a language according to the writer?
2. What should you do in learning English?
3. When people laugh at your mistakes, what should you do?
4. What should you do when you make a mistake?'
5. What can we learn from the passage?
1. How do the 50 students study English?
(Two ways in the diagram)
2. How do you study English?(At least 3 ways)
3. What do you think of your English study?
We made a survey on how junior middle school students study English. Here is the result.
About 30% of the students study English by________________________________________